Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not funny

Sunday night on the MTV Video Music Awards, a British celebrity made several jokes about a group of young men and their choice to remain abstinent before marriage. I don't have a lot to say about this because, quite frankly, I think most people would agree that a young person should be commended for their choice to remain pure. Making fun of a group of young men for such a commendable decision demonstrates a lack of intelligence. Honestly, this guy thinks that making fun of kids' virginity is funny? Then again, maybe I shouldn't be surprised at all. This was on MTV, after all. Don't get me wrong. I am part of the MTV generation, and believe it or not, MTV has done a lot to educate young people on sexual health. But they are known for crossing the line. It's just a shame because it wasn't so much that a line was crossed but that an obviously ignorant man was given a platform to showcase his idiocy.

No comments: